I can either keep the checklist limited to money due at completion or include the later costs that determine whether the purchase is affordable. Neither approach feels complete on its own.
The Berlin student-housing property is priced at €234,600. I have allowed for transfer tax, notary or legal work, and registration fees, but still need to identify costs tied to the ownership arrangement, annual property charges, eventual sale, residency and inheritance planning.
What should be separated into purchase, financing, yearly ownership and exit sections, and what is commonly missing from the initial estimate? I would particularly value practical questions to put to the appropriate German advisers and clarification of whether the property is an individual unit, an operator-linked interest or something else.
The Berlin student-housing property is priced at €234,600. I have allowed for transfer tax, notary or legal work, and registration fees, but still need to identify costs tied to the ownership arrangement, annual property charges, eventual sale, residency and inheritance planning.
What should be separated into purchase, financing, yearly ownership and exit sections, and what is commonly missing from the initial estimate? I would particularly value practical questions to put to the appropriate German advisers and clarification of whether the property is an individual unit, an operator-linked interest or something else.