If I give energy performance too much weight, I could misread both the asking price and the work needed after purchase. I’m reviewing mostly detached Birmingham homes advertised between £443,000 and £664,600, with a typical visible listing age of 99 days.
Energy ratings appear to line up with faster sales in this small sample, but they may simply be reflecting general condition. Exact neighbourhood, initial pricing and seller motivation could explain more. Relisted properties are another problem because the displayed date may hide an earlier marketing period.
How would you rank those factors using completed sales and listing histories? I’d be especially interested in how others count withdrawn homes that return with a new price or agent.
Energy ratings appear to line up with faster sales in this small sample, but they may simply be reflecting general condition. Exact neighbourhood, initial pricing and seller motivation could explain more. Relisted properties are another problem because the displayed date may hide an earlier marketing period.
How would you rank those factors using completed sales and listing histories? I’d be especially interested in how others count withdrawn homes that return with a new price or agent.