I want to finish the purchase with a genuine cash buffer, but I am struggling to decide how much of the remaining money is actually available to spend on the house.
The property is a 2-bed detached home in Birmingham at around £397,800. My estimate leaves £28,080 after the deposit and expected completion costs. That still has to cover removals, essential early work and basic furnishings, while leaving enough untouched for household emergencies, an insurance excess and the initial mortgage payment.
My preference is to furnish gradually and make the offer conditional on what the inspection reveals rather than commit every spare pound now. Does that sound workable, or are there costs I may have left out, such as overlap with my current accommodation or a recurring estate or service charge? I was enthusiastic yesterday; today each compromise feels much bigger.
The property is a 2-bed detached home in Birmingham at around £397,800. My estimate leaves £28,080 after the deposit and expected completion costs. That still has to cover removals, essential early work and basic furnishings, while leaving enough untouched for household emergencies, an insurance excess and the initial mortgage payment.
My preference is to furnish gradually and make the offer conditional on what the inspection reveals rather than commit every spare pound now. Does that sound workable, or are there costs I may have left out, such as overlap with my current accommodation or a recurring estate or service charge? I was enthusiastic yesterday; today each compromise feels much bigger.