celine.ridge
Seller
I’m tracking Birmingham property listings for July 2026, but the citywide average feels too broad for the two neighbourhoods we like.
The current picture suggests well-presented country homes are moving in roughly 84 days, while properties needing work remain available longer. What I can’t reconcile is the difference between asking prices and completed deals; the visible gap appears to be around 2.3%.
Does this reflect a short seasonal shift, lower transaction volume, or buyers becoming more selective? The source date and sample size may also be distorting the comparison, especially if sold-price records lag or are later revised.
If you follow a specific part of Birmingham or the surrounding market, please share the neighbourhood, property condition, approximate listing and completion dates, and asking versus sold price where known. I’m particularly interested in completed transactions or direct local observations rather than citywide headlines.
The current picture suggests well-presented country homes are moving in roughly 84 days, while properties needing work remain available longer. What I can’t reconcile is the difference between asking prices and completed deals; the visible gap appears to be around 2.3%.
Does this reflect a short seasonal shift, lower transaction volume, or buyers becoming more selective? The source date and sample size may also be distorting the comparison, especially if sold-price records lag or are later revised.
If you follow a specific part of Birmingham or the surrounding market, please share the neighbourhood, property condition, approximate listing and completion dates, and asking versus sold price where known. I’m particularly interested in completed transactions or direct local observations rather than citywide headlines.