Birmingham warehouses at £867,400–£1,301,000: what does 15 days tell us?

ember.full

Homeowner
Established
I keep changing my interpretation of this sample. The asking-price bracket is £867,400 to £1,301,000, mostly warehouses, and the typical listing has been visible for 15 days. Some appear to move quickly while others linger, and I wondered whether property tax was driving that split. Before I lean on that explanation, what are people seeing at street level in Birmingham—especially completed sales, withdrawals and the timing of price cuts?
 
Fifteen days does not sound stale enough on its own to support the tax theory. With warehouses, condition, exact neighbourhood boundary and whether a buyer can finance the property may separate apparently similar listings. Are your “quick sales” confirmed completions, listings marked sold, or simply adverts that disappeared? Withdrawals could otherwise make the market look faster than it is.
 
I agree about distinguishing completions from vanished adverts, but I would not dismiss the 15-day pattern entirely. A surge of new listings could also make older stock stand out without indicating weak demand. I’d split the sample by area, condition and seller motivation, then record each listing’s first reduction or withdrawal. Only after that would I compare tax exposure with the faster-moving group.
 
Back
Top