Bogotá duplexes at COP 1.64bn–2.46bn: does 88 days signal a change?

yuki_north

Property investor
Established
I’m reviewing my October 2025 notes on a narrow group of Bogotá duplexes rather than relying on a citywide average. Asking prices run from COP 1,640,000,000 to COP 2,460,000,000, and the current marketing period is roughly 88 days.

What stands out is that lease length appears to matter more than the headline monthly rent. I’m trying to decide whether that is ordinary variation between properties or an early shift in this segment. Would you wait for completed sales before drawing anything from it, or are listing volume, withdrawals and price-cut timing already useful signals?
 
I would not call it a segment change yet. Eighty-eight days describes the advertised stock, not the price or terms on which owners actually sell. Even within that range, neighbourhood, condition and seller motivation could overwhelm the lease effect.

I’d compare recent completed sales first, then note whether new listings are arriving faster than older ones disappear. Withdrawals need their own category because they are not completed deals.
 
Are the duplexes inside genuinely comparable neighbourhood boundaries, and are they in similar condition? Also, does the 88-day figure count one continuous marketing period, or could a withdrawn and reintroduced property look newer than it is?

Lease length may also change the likely buyer pool. Someone wanting occupation soon could read the same listing differently from a buyer comfortable with an existing tenant, regardless of the monthly amount.
 
One more missing piece is buyer financing. I wouldn’t assume every purchaser or lender treats an occupied duplex in the same way, so the remaining lease term could affect practical timing without indicating weaker demand across Bogotá.

It may help to separate three groups: vacant properties, leases ending relatively sooner, and leases extending further out. Then see whether the 88-day pattern survives after condition and location are considered.
 
I’m slightly less dismissive than Arjun. If longer leases are repeatedly associated with longer marketing periods after controlling for neighbourhood and condition, that could be an early change within this particular price bracket—even before enough sales complete to confirm it.

The catch is that one October 2025 snapshot cannot distinguish a developing pattern from a few unmotivated sellers. Price reductions and their timing would tell you more than the current asking prices alone.
 
A simple property-by-property table would make this clearer: original listing date, any withdrawal or return, lease length, condition, neighbourhood, initial ask, latest ask and completed outcome where available. Keep withdrawn stock separate rather than treating disappearance as a sale.

I’d also note signs of seller motivation. Two otherwise similar duplexes can behave very differently if one owner is willing to reduce and the other is content to wait.
 
Clara’s tracking approach is sensible, though I’d still resist calling it a market turn until completed sales support it. New-listing volume can rise without demand weakening, and cuts can reflect optimistic initial pricing rather than a broader change.

For now, my interpretation would be property-level variation with a lease-related buyer-pool effect. If that relationship persists across comparable neighbourhoods, conditions and financing situations—and starts appearing in completed outcomes—then it becomes a stronger segment signal.
 
Back
Top