Bogotá mixed-use pricing: is the citywide -3.9% movement meaningful?

field.full

Buyer
Established
The main constraint is that my comparison crosses two Bogotá neighbourhoods, and I’m not convinced the citywide figure says much about either one. The mixed-use property is priced at COP 5,842,000,000, while the active listings I have found range from COP 4,674,000,000 to COP 7,011,000,000 and average about 41 days on the market.

A reported movement of -3.9% sounds useful, but its period, geographic coverage and treatment of withdrawn stock could change the conclusion. I initially thought insurance concerns might account for much of the difference between asking prices and likely offers. Condition, financing constraints and seller motivation may be equally important.

Has anyone compared recent completed or withdrawn examples within a tight neighbourhood boundary? Please include the area and whether the building combines retail, offices or residential space.
 
I wouldn’t draw that conclusion from active listings alone. The 41 days tells you how long advertised stock is sitting, not what buyers ultimately pay. Recent completed sales, withdrawn listings and when price cuts occur would be more revealing. Also, what period does the -3.9% cover, and are you comparing price per square metre or total asking price?
 
What does mixed-use mean in this case: retail below apartments, offices with commercial space, or something else? Insurance may matter, but condition can also affect financing and the pool of eligible buyers. Without the two neighbourhoods and a clearer description of the building, comparisons could be misleading even within Bogotá.
 
One more point: neighbourhood boundaries need to be kept consistent. A listing described by an agent as being in a desirable area may sit just outside the boundary used by another listing or completed-sale record. I’d make a small comparison table using only genuinely similar buildings: initial asking price, latest price, days listed, condition, whether it disappeared without a recorded sale, and any known financing limitations.
 
I’m less convinced that insurance is the main driver. Seller motivation could produce the same pattern, especially if one owner cuts early while another simply withdraws the building. Before offering, ask for the pricing history of the COP 5,842,000,000 property and separate repair-related costs from negotiable seller expectations. Then compare it with completed sales in each target neighbourhood rather than applying the citywide -3.9% figure.
 
Back
Top