If I treat this as a broad Boston shift when it is only a January sample effect, I could draw the wrong conclusion about both pricing and buyer demand. In my January 2025 notes, well-presented apartments appear to move in about 64 days, while properties requiring work tend to linger.
There is also a visible difference of roughly 4.4% between asking prices and the completed deals I located, but I have not established that they are comparable groups. It could reflect seasonal timing, a small sample or greater selectivity rather than negotiation. Closings in January may also relate to offers made earlier, and I am unsure whether any policy timing affected the mix.
Flood exposure may explain some individual cases, though I would not apply that across the city. Should I verify each completed sale against its own listing history and final asking price before interpreting the 4.4%, and what sample size sits behind other people's 64-day observations?
There is also a visible difference of roughly 4.4% between asking prices and the completed deals I located, but I have not established that they are comparable groups. It could reflect seasonal timing, a small sample or greater selectivity rather than negotiation. Closings in January may also relate to offers made earlier, and I am unsure whether any policy timing affected the mix.
Flood exposure may explain some individual cases, though I would not apply that across the city. Should I verify each completed sale against its own listing history and final asking price before interpreting the 4.4%, and what sample size sits behind other people's 64-day observations?