The 8.5% gross figure is attractive. My concern is how much of it survives the serviced-apartment costs.
The property is a 3-bed in Boston priced at $735,000, with expected rent of $5,221 a month. I have budgeted for management, normal upkeep, vacancy and a major repair, but I still need firm figures for property tax, insurance and building or service charges. Tenant turnover may also bring cleaning, utilities and furnishing replacement that a general maintenance allowance misses.
Before deciding what return is adequate, which of those items would you verify first, and would you model $5,221 as tenant rent or only as owner income after operating deductions?
The property is a 3-bed in Boston priced at $735,000, with expected rent of $5,221 a month. I have budgeted for management, normal upkeep, vacancy and a major repair, but I still need firm figures for property tax, insurance and building or service charges. Tenant turnover may also bring cleaning, utilities and furnishing replacement that a general maintenance allowance misses.
Before deciding what return is adequate, which of those items would you verify first, and would you model $5,221 as tenant rent or only as owner income after operating deductions?