Brisbane monthly property snapshot — July 2026

bram_wilde

Property investor
I’m preparing the July 2026 Brisbane snapshot, focused on new-build flats. The provisional inputs are 37 days on market, asking-price movement of +7.0%, and visible financing sensitivity around A$988,000.

These are discussion figures rather than an official index. Before I update the summary, should the headline remain Brisbane-wide, or is that misleading without neighbourhood and price-band splits? Completed-sale evidence, inventory changes and links to supporting material would be particularly useful.
 
I would keep it provisional until the sample is defined. Does 37 days measure first listing to offer, withdrawal or settlement? Likewise, +7.0% could mean a change in asking prices for comparable flats or simply more expensive listings entering the sample. Without that distinction, a Brisbane-wide headline says very little.
 
Fair point. The present inputs do not establish those definitions clearly enough, so I won’t describe the 7.0% as market appreciation or the 37 days as a completed-sale measure. I’ll add fields for measurement period, listing status, sample size, property mix and revision date. Evidence based only on asking listings will remain separate from completed sales.
 
The A$988,000 figure also needs unpacking. Is financing sensitivity being inferred because listings cluster near that amount, because transactions slow there, or because vendors alter asking prices around it? Those are different observations. A price-band table could show whether the overall movement is being driven by flats near that level rather than by the wider new-build market.
 
Neighbourhood splits would help, but only alongside inventory. A rise in asking prices with fewer available flats has a different interpretation from the same rise during a wave of new listings. I’d record, for each area and revision date: active inventory, additions, removals, completed sales where available, median asking level and days-on-market definition.
 
I’d be cautious about dividing the sample too finely. New-build flats are already a narrower segment, and neighbourhood, price and flat-type splits could leave cells too small to interpret. Publish the broad figures with clear limitations first, then show only splits supported by enough observations. I agree that asking-price movement must not be presented as completed-sale growth.
 
A workable update could have three sections: listing indicators, completed-sale evidence and unresolved gaps. Put the date accessed beside every supporting link, and preserve the July 2026 figures when later revisions are added rather than silently replacing them. That would let members see whether 37 days, +7.0% and the A$988,000 sensitivity survive once sale and inventory evidence arrives.
 
Back
Top