Brussels inventory shifted in July 2025 — what are you seeing on five-bedroom homes?

friendly_kite

Seller
Established
I’m tracking five-bedroom properties in Brussels and deciding whether to negotiate now or wait beyond summer. In the July 2025 listings I’ve followed, well-presented townhouses appear to move in roughly 106 days, while homes needing work remain available longer.

What I can’t reconcile is the gap between visible asking prices and completed deals, which looks close to 5.0%. Is that seasonal noise, a change in buyer selectivity, or simply a data problem? Agents are giving different explanations. Completed transactions or direct local observations would help, preferably with the municipality, condition and relevant dates rather than a citywide headline.
 
Before reading 5.0% as a market shift, how large is your sample and which asking price are you using: original or last advertised? A reduced listing compared with its eventual sale price can make the apparent negotiation smaller, while comparing the original ask does the opposite. Also, July completion data may reflect decisions made earlier. I’d separate municipalities before drawing a Brussels-wide conclusion.
 
I’d also clarify what the 106 days measures. Is it time until the listing disappears, until a price is agreed, or until the completed transaction appears in your data? Those are not interchangeable. Five-bedroom homes may produce a fairly small and uneven monthly group, so a change in the mix of renovated and unrenovated properties could move the result without buyer behaviour changing.
 
On reflection, I’d resist calling this seasonal from one July 2025 snapshot. You would need comparable months and transaction volumes, using the same method each time. Withdrawals and relistings matter too: a house can vanish, return with a revised price and appear to be a fresh listing unless its history is retained.
 
Agreed on the history, although direct observations can still be useful if Noor records them consistently. I’d make a simple table with municipality, condition, original ask, each revision, last ask, apparent agreement date if known, completed price and completion date. Keep any policy timing as a separate note rather than assuming it caused the movement. That should reveal whether the 5.0% gap is negotiation, repricing or just mismatched dates.
 
One further caveat: homes “needing work” should not be treated as a single comparable group. The scale of work and the seller’s initial pricing can dominate time on market. For the decision to wait or offer now, I don’t think these figures alone support waiting. Use recent nearby comparables for similar condition, then base any offer on that evidence rather than applying a citywide 5.0% reduction mechanically.
 
Back
Top