I can either treat the 6.3% gross yield as enough reason to investigate, or wait until every Brussels cost is clear before spending more time on it. Neither approach feels quite right for a first rental.
The listing is for a 5-bed property described as a coastal home, priced at €220,800 with expected rent of €1,154 a month. I need to confirm what that description means given the Brussels location. The building looks sound from the information available, but that does not settle the letting costs or the effect of rental regulation.
My draft figures include periods without rent, management, ongoing repairs and money set aside for a significant job. I am less confident about property tax and the turnover likely with a 5-bed letting. Which figures should be established locally before deciding whether the gross return has any real value?
The listing is for a 5-bed property described as a coastal home, priced at €220,800 with expected rent of €1,154 a month. I need to confirm what that description means given the Brussels location. The building looks sound from the information available, but that does not settle the letting costs or the effect of rental regulation.
My draft figures include periods without rent, management, ongoing repairs and money set aside for a significant job. I am less confident about property tax and the turnover likely with a 5-bed letting. Which figures should be established locally before deciding whether the gross return has any real value?