Brussels warehouses: flat movement and 72 days on market

friendly_kite

Seller
Established
I’m deciding whether to start making offers now or wait for clearer movement in Brussels. The warehouses I’m tracking are listed from €677,100 to €1,016,000. The headline movement is -0.1%, while listings appear to take about 72 days; negotiated discounts vary sharply with condition.

My working theory is that property tax explains more of the price spread than demand does, though agents are giving me conflicting answers and seasonality may be involved. Are recent completed sales supporting that? Please specify the neighbourhood and property type, and mention withdrawn listings or price-cut timing if relevant.
 
I wouldn’t read much into -0.1% by itself; that is effectively flat compared with the variation between individual warehouse deals. The 72-day figure also needs context: does it include relisted properties, and are withdrawn listings excluded?

Which Brussels neighbourhood or commune are you tracking, and what do you mean by property tax here? Without consistent boundaries and like-for-like condition, the spread could easily look tax-driven when it is actually a stock-quality issue.
 
I’d push back on putting tax first before seeing completed prices. Financing, seller motivation and the cost of bringing a warehouse up to the buyer’s required condition could all affect the negotiated discount.

A practical approach is to track each listing’s original date, first price cut, withdrawal or relisting, and eventual completed price where available. Keep neighbourhood boundaries fixed. That should show whether 72 days reflects genuine absorption or merely stale stock being recycled.
 
Back
Top