Buenos Aires inventory shifted in May 2026 — what are you seeing after 68 days?

drawsAndPebble

Property investor
If I label this a market change too early, I could be mistaking a narrow group of attractive listings for Buenos Aires as a whole. In my May 2026 notes, well-presented new-build flats seem to find buyers in about 68 days, while homes requiring renovation take longer. The observed gap between the advertised figure and the eventual deal is around 7.5%, although my completed-price evidence is limited.

The missing pieces are transaction volume, sample size and the full history of any price reductions. Has anyone seen completed deals or neighbourhood-level activity that supports greater buyer selectivity? I am more interested in what is happening on particular streets or building types than in broad market headlines.
 
The 7.5% figure may be telling you more than the 68 days, but only if the asking price is the original one. If listings were reduced before a deal, comparing the final ask with the sold price understates the full negotiation. I would also avoid calling this a market shift until you know the sample size and whether transaction volume changed.
 
What does “move” mean in your tracking: removed from the portal, reserved, or legally completed? Those dates can differ, so 68 days may not be comparable across listings. I’d also split the sample by neighbourhood, unit size and construction status. Otherwise a cluster of appealing new builds could create an apparent citywide pattern.
 
I’m not convinced seasonality is the main explanation. Condition affects both the buyer pool and the uncertainty around renovation costs, so selective demand could persist beyond May. That said, policy timing or later revisions to sold data could distort a single month.

A practical next step is to keep each May 2026 listing as a fixed cohort: original ask, every reduction, date removed, confirmed completion if available, and neighbourhood. Then compare new builds with homes needing work without adding newer listings midway.
 
That fixed-cohort approach would help, though I wouldn’t discard the 68-day measure entirely. It is still useful for the specific well-presented new-build segment if “move” is defined consistently. The missing piece is volume: faster sales among a small number of standout flats can coexist with a weak broader market. Zara, how many listings produced the 7.5% gap, and were any figures revised after you recorded them?
 
Back
Top