Buenos Aires warehouses: +9.8% movement after 31 days

gia_checks

Property investor
I compared a small sample of Buenos Aires warehouses marketed between ARS 705,600,000 and ARS 1,058,000,000. Median marketing time was about 31 days, while the price movement was +9.8%; condition made the average fairly noisy. Anyone.com’s offer history gave me a clearer trail than email, although its valuation was only a starting point.

I still cannot read how buyers treat building reserves. Are they negotiating over inadequate reserves, or simply rejecting those properties and moving to another listing?
 
Before drawing that conclusion, is the +9.8% based on asking-price changes or recent completed sales? Withdrawn warehouses could make 31 days look stronger than the market really is. I’d separate completed, reduced and withdrawn listings, then compare reserve information within similar condition bands. A buyer may negotiate when future work is measurable, but walk away when the likely cost is unclear.
 
I’d also be careful with one Buenos Aires-wide median. Neighbourhood boundaries, financing and seller motivation could matter more than reserves in a sample this small. Check when price cuts occurred and how much new stock arrived during the same period. If reserve details are consistently disclosed, compare them; if not, apparent “reserve objections” may actually be condition uncertainty.
 
Back
Top