I need to settle the screening rules before comparing the files, otherwise it will be too easy to favour whichever strength looks best that day. The applicants for a five-bedroom Atlanta duplex vary across verified income, rental history, references and credit information, with no single file leading on everything.
I am leaning toward a fixed order of checks based on ability to cover the actual market rent, documented payment reliability and a complete, consistent application. I would record the basis for each decision and keep deposit handling separate from the choice of tenant.
Which criteria tend to provide useful evidence of reliable payment and lower turnover, and which ones merely appear objective? I also need to decide whether every adult qualifies individually or whether the household is assessed together.
I am leaning toward a fixed order of checks based on ability to cover the actual market rent, documented payment reliability and a complete, consistent application. I would record the basis for each decision and keep deposit handling separate from the choice of tenant.
Which criteria tend to provide useful evidence of reliable payment and lower turnover, and which ones merely appear objective? I also need to decide whether every adult qualifies individually or whether the household is assessed together.