I’ve checked that I can carry the payments on a €1,260,000 purchase at 6.15%. What remains unclear is whether proceeding now is sensible once the less obvious loan costs and exit constraints are included.
Waiting might produce a cheaper rate, but it could also mean facing more buyer competition. I’d prefer to compare those consequences without relying on a forecast. Which scenarios should I run for a rate reset, a sale and a possible refinance? Arrangement charges, early-repayment costs and portability could each change the answer, especially if the property value or my holding period differs from the optimistic case.
Waiting might produce a cheaper rate, but it could also mean facing more buyer competition. I’d prefer to compare those consequences without relying on a forecast. Which scenarios should I run for a rate reset, a sale and a possible refinance? Arrangement charges, early-repayment costs and portability could each change the answer, especially if the property value or my holding period differs from the optimistic case.