Buy now at 3.17% or wait for rates to fall on a MYR 4.136m Kuala Lumpur property?

EdenCove

Property investor
I’m considering a four-bedroom property in Kuala Lumpur priced at MYR 4,136,000. I can afford the purchase at the offered 3.17% mortgage rate, but I’m unsure whether to proceed now or wait for cheaper financing. My concern is that a rate cut could bring buyers back before local inventory improves, pushing prices up enough to cancel out the monthly saving.

Rather than trying to forecast both rates and prices, I’d like to compare practical stress tests. How would you model buying now versus waiting—particularly the comparison period, loan-to-value, arrangement fees, early-repayment terms, rate resets, and whether the loan is portable? I also don’t want to assume refinancing will be available later on equally good terms.

For anyone who has run this decision, what changes to the purchase price, monthly payment, and eventual resale value would make you choose one route over the other? If you’re answering from outside Malaysia, please mention the market and any lending rule or loan feature that materially changes your conclusion.
 
Back
Top