I can buy a comparable Dubai apartment for around AED 3,578,000, but the mortgage, tax, maintenance and association dues would be well above my current rent. Buying would build equity, yet there is a real chance I will move within five to seven years.
How would you weigh that flexibility against purchase and eventual resale costs? I am also concerned that building fees could rise, especially if maintenance is intensive or the shared reserves are weak. Beyond the initial calculation, what tends to matter most: resale liquidity, insurance exposure, energy use, or the workload and vacancy risk if I move and rent it out?
How would you weigh that flexibility against purchase and eventual resale costs? I am also concerned that building fees could rise, especially if maintenance is intensive or the shared reserves are weak. Beyond the initial calculation, what tends to matter most: resale liquidity, insurance exposure, energy use, or the workload and vacancy risk if I move and rent it out?