ClearGrain
Property investor
I would prefer to buy the €786,600 duplex now, but an 8.12% financing rate makes me question whether that is prudent. Waiting may improve the borrowing terms, yet stronger demand could make the property itself more expensive.
The current payment is manageable, although I do not want the purchase to depend on a future refinance. Which assumptions would you use to test a rate reset, an early resale and a period without income from the second unit? I also plan to compare arrangement fees, early-repayment conditions and portability rather than judging the loan by its rate alone. Skeptical views are welcome if the assumptions are spelled out.
The current payment is manageable, although I do not want the purchase to depend on a future refinance. Which assumptions would you use to test a rate reset, an early resale and a period without income from the second unit? I also plan to compare arrangement fees, early-repayment conditions and portability rather than judging the loan by its rate alone. Skeptical views are welcome if the assumptions are spelled out.