eva.calder
First-time buyer
We have confirmed that the inspection did not derail our London sale; the unresolved issue is how much to change after the buyer’s financing failed late in the process. Returning to the market quickly may preserve interest, but I do not want speed to create the same weakness again.
Would you relist once the documents are refreshed, then compare offers using financing evidence, conditions and the proposed response deadline as well as price? I could accept a somewhat lower figure from a stronger buyer, although an appraisal gap or weak borrowing position might still undo that advantage. I’m also reluctant to demand such a short deadline that sound buyers cannot complete proper checks or retain sensible inspection protection.
Would you relist once the documents are refreshed, then compare offers using financing evidence, conditions and the proposed response deadline as well as price? I could accept a somewhat lower figure from a stronger buyer, although an appraisal gap or weak borrowing position might still undo that advantage. I’m also reluctant to demand such a short deadline that sound buyers cannot complete proper checks or retain sensible inspection protection.