The property is returning to the Montreal market because the buyer’s financing failed. My specific concern is whether the cause was personal to that buyer or an appraisal problem that another financed offer could encounter.
The inspection did not end the deal, although new buyers may still question the relisting and examine the flood-risk information closely. Rather than choose immediately between relisting and cutting the price, I am considering a short pause to organize the relevant documents and establish what caused the financing refusal.
If the appraisal supported the agreed price, I would favour relisting promptly and comparing offers by financing strength, deadlines and inspection protection as well as price. If there was an appraisal gap or unresolved flood-related lending concern, it may be better to address that first. How would others limit deposit exposure while still giving a credible buyer reasonable conditions?
The inspection did not end the deal, although new buyers may still question the relisting and examine the flood-risk information closely. Rather than choose immediately between relisting and cutting the price, I am considering a short pause to organize the relevant documents and establish what caused the financing refusal.
If the appraisal supported the agreed price, I would favour relisting promptly and comparing offers by financing strength, deadlines and inspection protection as well as price. If there was an appraisal gap or unresolved flood-related lending concern, it may be better to address that first. How would others limit deposit exposure while still giving a credible buyer reasonable conditions?