Buyer’s financing failed after several weeks—how should I relist at ₹32,150,000?

EarlyCrane

Real estate agent
Established
Avoiding another wasted month matters more to me than getting the property back online tomorrow. The sale agreed at ₹32,150,000 collapsed when the buyer’s funding did not come together; the inspection itself was satisfactory, but buyers will still want an explanation when they see the relisting.

Would you use a brief pause to update the file, then require clearer financing evidence and meaningful deposit exposure? I could consider a lower bid if its funding and deadlines were materially stronger, but I do not want the failed deal to create an unnecessary price cut.
 
I would take a short pause to update the paperwork, then relist rather than letting the property sit unnecessarily. State plainly that the previous buyer’s financing failed, not the inspection.

For the next offer, compare more than price: financing proof, deposit exposure, conditions and the response deadline. A somewhat lower offer may be better, but only if those terms are genuinely stronger.
 
What financing proof did the first buyer provide, and was the agreed price supported by recent completed comparables? Those are separate issues. A buyer can look financially prepared but still encounter an appraisal gap if the property does not support ₹32,150,000. Knowing which problem occurred would affect whether I changed the price or only tightened the offer requirements.
 
I would not automatically reward a lower bid merely because it appears safer. A higher bidder with well-supported financing and a realistic appraisal plan may still be preferable.

The contract terms matter too. How long is the financing condition open, what happens to the deposit if financing fails, and can the buyer keep extending the response deadline? The answers depend on the agreement and local jurisdiction, so those terms should be clarified before accepting again.
 
That is why I asked about comparables. If completed sales support the asking price, this looks mainly like buyer selection and deadline control. If they do not, relisting unchanged could produce the same appraisal problem with a different buyer. I would establish that first rather than assuming the failed financing says nothing about the price.
 
There is also a presentation issue. A quick relisting can make buyers assume rising seller motivation, but a long unexplained absence can create different suspicions. Keep the explanation short and factual.

I would retain normal inspection protection rather than pushing buyers to waive it. Since the first inspection was not the problem, have the relevant information ready and decide in advance how you will handle any repair-credit requests.
 
I would relist promptly, but not before checking whether completed sales actually support ₹32,150,000. Stronger financing evidence cannot prevent the same outcome if the next lender’s valuation is the real obstacle.

Once that is clear, set the financing deadline and minimum proof in advance. Compare each bid on price, deposit exposure, funding strength, appraisal risk and repair-credit conditions. That gives you a consistent explanation for choosing a slightly lower but safer offer without advertising desperation.
 
Back
Top