Buyer’s financing failed after several weeks—relist now or strengthen the file?

earnest_yard

First-time buyer
The failed deal does not necessarily mean the property was overpriced. My concern is that we spent weeks under contract without a firm enough financing checkpoint.

The Delhi sale ended when the buyer could not complete the financing condition; no inspection problem caused the collapse. Before relisting, should we strengthen the paperwork, require clearer proof of funds or lending progress, and set a shorter response deadline? I would consider a modestly lower offer if its financing were demonstrably stronger, but I do not want to discount solely because this buyer failed.

Recent completed sales from the same locality would be more useful than advertised prices. I would also appreciate views on comparing inspection protection, appraisal-gap risk and likely net proceeds when the next offers arrive.
 
I would take a short pause to refresh the paperwork and prepare a simple, factual explanation for why the deal ended, then relist. A lower offer is not automatically safer: the financing evidence, contingency wording and response deadline matter more than the discount alone. What proof did the previous buyer provide, and was there a firm date for satisfying the financing condition?
 
I would not reduce the price merely because one buyer failed to finance. First compare recent completed transactions for closely similar properties in the same part of Delhi; locality, size, condition and completion date are needed before examples mean much. Also compare offers by likely net result after any repair credits or appraisal gap, not just headline price. Seller urgency is the missing fact here. Deposit exposure may also matter, but its treatment depends on the agreed terms and local advice.
 
Back
Top