Relisting quickly may preserve momentum, but pausing briefly could produce a cleaner return to market. Our Austin sale collapsed late in the process over the buyer’s financing, rather than because the inspection ended the deal, and I do not want the gap itself to create more suspicion than the facts justify.
Would you reactivate once the prior contract is fully closed out and explain the financing failure, or first refresh the paperwork and reconsider the price? I would also like to compare recent nearby completed sales before making a reduction.
For the next round, a slightly lower offer with stronger financing may be preferable to a fragile high one. I would want to compare appraisal-gap treatment, inspection protection, deposit terms and the buyer’s response deadlines, not just the headline amount. Whether an appraisal contributed to the failed financing may alter that approach.
Would you reactivate once the prior contract is fully closed out and explain the financing failure, or first refresh the paperwork and reconsider the price? I would also like to compare recent nearby completed sales before making a reduction.
For the next round, a slightly lower offer with stronger financing may be preferable to a fragile high one. I would want to compare appraisal-gap treatment, inspection protection, deposit terms and the buyer’s response deadlines, not just the headline amount. Whether an appraisal contributed to the failed financing may alter that approach.