If my residency status or the land classification makes the proposed ownership arrangement unsuitable, the rest of the cost estimate may be beside the point. The country home near Mumbai is priced at roughly ₹120,200,000, so I want to resolve eligibility before committing further money.
Beyond transfer and registration charges, I need a local lawyer and tax adviser to identify recurring property costs, any residency consequences, later capital-gains treatment and sensible inheritance arrangements. The property records also refer three times to work for which no firm amount is given. I would like to know who becomes liable if that work is approved before completion but charged afterwards.
What documents and written confirmations would you request, and which fees should be shown as fixed amounts rather than percentages of the purchase price?
Beyond transfer and registration charges, I need a local lawyer and tax adviser to identify recurring property costs, any residency consequences, later capital-gains treatment and sensible inheritance arrangements. The property records also refer three times to work for which no firm amount is given. I would like to know who becomes liable if that work is approved before completion but charged afterwards.
What documents and written confirmations would you request, and which fees should be shown as fixed amounts rather than percentages of the purchase price?