Before I can compare estimates, I need to settle three practical points: whether the purchase will be financed, whether the buyer will be an individual or an entity, and which part of New York has jurisdiction.
The property is a mixed-use building priced at about $1,235,000. I have identified transfer taxes, legal fees, registration expenses and title work, but I am less certain about annual property charges, closing adjustments and costs arising from the residential and commercial portions being treated differently.
What items tend to sit outside an initial quote, and should advisers allocate any of them between the two uses? I also want a focused list of questions for licensed local advisers covering residency, future capital gains exposure and inheritance planning.
The property is a mixed-use building priced at about $1,235,000. I have identified transfer taxes, legal fees, registration expenses and title work, but I am less certain about annual property charges, closing adjustments and costs arising from the residential and commercial portions being treated differently.
What items tend to sit outside an initial quote, and should advisers allocate any of them between the two uses? I also want a focused list of questions for licensed local advisers covering residency, future capital gains exposure and inheritance planning.