Choosing the wrong ownership route could cost more over time than an error in the initial closing estimate. I am looking at a detached home in Bogotá for about COP 3,485,000,000 and want the advice to cover acquisition, annual ownership and a later sale or inheritance—not just the amount due at completion.
Which facts should I give a licensed local adviser so the alternatives can be compared properly? For example, the result may differ if I buy personally rather than through an entity, or if the owner later becomes Colombian tax-resident instead of remaining non-resident.
I would like an itemised estimate covering transfer-related costs, registration, notary and legal work, recurring property charges, reporting obligations and possible future capital-gains or succession consequences. Which items depend on assessed value or ownership status, and which should be broadly the same under either route?
Which facts should I give a licensed local adviser so the alternatives can be compared properly? For example, the result may differ if I buy personally rather than through an entity, or if the owner later becomes Colombian tax-resident instead of remaining non-resident.
I would like an itemised estimate covering transfer-related costs, registration, notary and legal work, recurring property charges, reporting obligations and possible future capital-gains or succession consequences. Which items depend on assessed value or ownership status, and which should be broadly the same under either route?