Before I sign or allow another payment to become non-refundable, I need to know which decisions cannot safely be postponed. The property is a new-build flat in Athens at about €694,600, and the developer has provided only a broad estimate covering tax, notary/legal work and registration.
The trade-off is that I want a complete budget without treating every future issue as a closing cost. What should be confirmed about the tax treatment of this sale, the basis used for each fee, ongoing building or ownership charges, and any restrictions linked to nationality or ownership structure? I will take the personal details to licensed Greek advisers, but I also want to identify in good time whether buying alone or jointly affects residency, future sale or inheritance planning.
The trade-off is that I want a complete budget without treating every future issue as a closing cost. What should be confirmed about the tax treatment of this sale, the basis used for each fee, ongoing building or ownership charges, and any restrictions linked to nationality or ownership structure? I will take the personal details to licensed Greek advisers, but I also want to identify in good time whether buying alone or jointly affects residency, future sale or inheritance planning.