stone.brisk
Homeowner
Choosing the wrong ownership structure now could create costs that are difficult to unwind after purchase. I’m reviewing a Tokyo mixed-use building at about ¥208,100,000 and need a written breakdown covering transfer tax, registration, legal or notary charges and recurring property costs.
The unresolved points are whether ownership should be personal or through an entity, how residency changes the treatment, and what happens on an eventual sale or inheritance. What should a licensed local adviser state explicitly about the calculation basis, due date and assumptions for each item? I’d also like to know which charges commonly sit outside an initial estimate. Checklist questions are more useful to me than advice on which structure to select.
The unresolved points are whether ownership should be personal or through an entity, how residency changes the treatment, and what happens on an eventual sale or inheritance. What should a licensed local adviser state explicitly about the calculation basis, due date and assumptions for each item? I’d also like to know which charges commonly sit outside an initial estimate. Checklist questions are more useful to me than advice on which structure to select.