HonestTable
Real estate agent
There are a few moving parts, so I’d appreciate a sense-check from people following Cairo closely.
I’m looking mainly at student housing priced between EGP 52,610,000 and EGP 78,910,000. In my sample, the typical listing has been visible for nine days, but that does not tell me whether properties are selling, being withdrawn, or simply relisted.
I initially suspected property tax might explain the difference between fast-moving and stale stock, though condition, buyer financing and seller motivation may matter more. Citywide averages also seem unhelpful because our choice is between two specific neighbourhoods, and even the boundaries used in listings are not always clear.
Has anyone seen recent completed sales in this bracket? I’d particularly value details on the neighbourhood, condition, original asking price, any reduction and time to sale. It would also help to know whether new-listing volume is genuinely rising or whether the same stock is cycling back onto the market.
I’m looking mainly at student housing priced between EGP 52,610,000 and EGP 78,910,000. In my sample, the typical listing has been visible for nine days, but that does not tell me whether properties are selling, being withdrawn, or simply relisted.
I initially suspected property tax might explain the difference between fast-moving and stale stock, though condition, buyer financing and seller motivation may matter more. Citywide averages also seem unhelpful because our choice is between two specific neighbourhoods, and even the boundaries used in listings are not always clear.
Has anyone seen recent completed sales in this bracket? I’d particularly value details on the neighbourhood, condition, original asking price, any reduction and time to sale. It would also help to know whether new-listing volume is genuinely rising or whether the same stock is cycling back onto the market.