Cairo newcomer comparing serviced-apartment prices and costs

HonestTable

Real estate agent
Hello from Cairo. I’m a real estate agent, and lately most of my property research has focused on serviced apartments, transaction costs, and the gap between advertised prices and completed deals.

I joined because I want to compare methods across markets rather than stay in a local bubble. For anyone following Egypt, would you start with the local board, a particular kind of market dataset, or threads on investment modelling?
 
Before deciding where to spend your research time, I would pin down one thing: are you comparing managed serviced units or ordinary furnished apartments with added services? That answer changes whether investment-modelling threads or the Egypt board should come first.

For managed units, collect the management arrangement, recurring charges, occupancy assumptions and exit conditions before comparing prices. For simpler furnished apartments, condition, furniture and possible renovation may matter more. In either case, local threads can help separate advertised figures from completed transactions.
 
Before building the comparison, decide which definition of “serviced” you will accept. A unit tied to an operator is difficult to compare with a furnished apartment that merely offers housekeeping, even when both use the same label.

If management is contractual, record its charges and restrictions separately. If the services are optional, focus more on furniture, condition and renovation. I would also narrow the work to specific Cairo districts before treating any completed-price difference as meaningful.
 
The useful outcome would be a clear comparison between advertised and completed prices, but the surrounding deal terms may prevent a clean percentage from telling the story. One apartment might include furniture and a long payment schedule, while another needs renovation and is priced for immediate payment.

I would therefore treat the price gap as one field rather than the main result. Add transaction costs, management terms, condition and financing assumptions, then compare the total commitment and operating risk shown by each deal.
 
Hana’s definition question is the place to begin. I’d make a simple comparison sheet with separate fields for location, service arrangement, condition, furniture, asking price, completed price where available, payment timing, management costs and renovation. Then take the legal and transaction-cost items to the Egypt board, since those are jurisdiction-specific and may need current local confirmation.
 
Back
Top