SmallPaper
Landlord
EGP 71,690 a month on a purchase price of EGP 15,840,000 produces roughly 5.4% gross, which feels thin once the serviced-apartment costs begin to come out. This is a 1-bed in Cairo and the building looks sound, but it would be our first rental.
I have included periods without rent, management charges, ordinary maintenance and a separate allowance for larger repairs. Property tax remains uncertain, and I may also be missing operator fees, service charges or the cost of replacing furnishings.
Which owner-paid expense would you verify first? More importantly, how would you turn those costs into a realistic net cash-flow figure and decide whether the remaining return is worth the vacancy and management risk?
I have included periods without rent, management charges, ordinary maintenance and a separate allowance for larger repairs. Property tax remains uncertain, and I may also be missing operator fees, service charges or the cost of replacing furnishings.
Which owner-paid expense would you verify first? More importantly, how would you turn those costs into a realistic net cash-flow figure and decide whether the remaining return is worth the vacancy and management risk?