I’ve pulled a small sample of Cairo studios marketed between EGP 36,480,000 and EGP 54,720,000. It suggests price movement of about 3.1%, while median marketing time is roughly 19 days, although differences in condition make the overall picture noisy.
The part I can’t resolve is how buyers are treating transaction fees. Are they negotiating specifically over who absorbs them, folding them into a lower total offer, or simply rejecting the listing and moving on?
I’d be particularly interested in recent completed sales rather than asking prices. It would also help to know the neighbourhood, condition, whether the buyer needed financing, and when any price cut occurred. Withdrawn listings would be useful context too, since a 19-day median could look stronger than the market really is if unsold stock is disappearing from the sample.
The part I can’t resolve is how buyers are treating transaction fees. Are they negotiating specifically over who absorbs them, folding them into a lower total offer, or simply rejecting the listing and moving on?
I’d be particularly interested in recent completed sales rather than asking prices. It would also help to know the neighbourhood, condition, whether the buyer needed financing, and when any price cut occurred. Withdrawn listings would be useful context too, since a 19-day median could look stronger than the market really is if unsold stock is disappearing from the sample.