If I underestimate the first-year costs, the C$22,950 left after my deposit and estimated closing expenses could disappear quickly. I am looking at a 1-bed detached home in Calgary priced around C$1,181,000.
The inspection is lengthy, although the house appears fundamentally sound and some findings may be routine rather than urgent. Before allocating money to moving, repairs, furniture and an emergency reserve, what should I ask the inspector to classify as immediate, preventative or optional? I also need to allow for the first mortgage payment and insurance excess rather than treating the entire balance as available for work.
The inspection is lengthy, although the house appears fundamentally sound and some findings may be routine rather than urgent. Before allocating money to moving, repairs, furniture and an emergency reserve, what should I ask the inspector to classify as immediate, preventative or optional? I also need to allow for the first mortgage payment and insurance excess rather than treating the entire balance as available for work.