Can Funda be a reliable primary portal for a Tokyo condo search?

teaAndBridge

Mortgage adviser
Established
I’m deciding whether Funda is suitable as a primary tool for a Tokyo condo search. Reports from people searching around Hong Kong suggest useful coverage and rental-yield information, but also duplicate listings, stale status and inconsistent floor-area figures.

Before relying on its saved searches, I’d like to know how well the mobile filters and map pins work, and what happens after contacting an advertiser. Does the listing clearly show freshness, price history or sold-record links, or would I still need a separate comparison sheet?
 
I wouldn’t make it the primary tool unless you can confirm that its Tokyo coverage is current. A broad result count means little if the same condo appears several times or the status lags.

Also, which floor-area figure do you need for comparison? If listings use inconsistent definitions, rental yield can look precise while being based on mismatched inputs. Test a small group of buildings first: compare pins, area fields, update dates and advertiser responses.
 
I partly disagree on starting with buildings. Saved-search alerts may be the faster test: set narrow mobile filters, then watch whether alerts repeat units, arrive after status changes, or lose criteria.

Keep a simple sheet with URL, displayed area, price, pin location, last update and contact outcome. If duplicates and stale listings remain easy to spot, Funda could still be useful for discovery—but not as the sole record for a Tokyo purchase decision.
 
Back
Top