My preference is a credit at closing so I can control the repairs, but the lender may restrict how much can be allowed. The inspection of this 175 m² Cape Town duplex identified manageable defects covered by itemised estimates of about ZAR 254,800. The alternative is letting the seller complete them or negotiating a lower price.
A reduction would help the headline cost but might leave less cash available after transfer, while a credit could affect the financing or appraisal. I’m checking both consequences with the lender. Before the inspection deadline, I also need to confirm what the signed offer says about extensions and deposit exposure. Recent completed comparables would help me judge whether the price already reflects the condition.
A reduction would help the headline cost but might leave less cash available after transfer, while a credit could affect the financing or appraisal. I’m checking both consequences with the lender. Before the inspection deadline, I also need to confirm what the signed offer says about extensions and deposit exposure. Recent completed comparables would help me judge whether the price already reflects the condition.