Cape Town property meetup — March 2026

QuietTrail

Landlord
An early-evening meetup may be easier to keep informal, while a weekend could allow more people to travel and give the discussion enough time. I’m trying to choose between those options for a Cape Town property meetup in March 2026.

The session would cover observations from the local market, financing questions, deal analysis and a brief practical Q&A. Please indicate which timing you prefer and whether public-transport links, step-free access, a remote option or the attendance cost would determine whether you join. Once I have a rough headcount, I can shortlist central venues with suitable capacity and share any cost before confirming.
 
Interested. An early evening would suit me better, provided the date is announced with enough notice. A central venue is useful, but “central” can still be awkward depending on transport links. Could you shortlist places based on public-transport access and share any venue cost before confirming?
 
I’d vote for a weekend. Evening travel may rule out people who live farther away, while a Saturday session could allow more time for the deal-analysis section. Would you consider a simple remote option for those who cannot attend, or would that make an informal discussion too difficult to manage?
 
What level is the agenda aimed at? Financing and deal analysis could mean anything from a first purchase to fairly detailed project numbers. I’m interested, but the session may work better if attendees submit one or two practical questions beforehand. Also, any example deal should be anonymised rather than turning into a sales pitch.
 
I agree with collecting questions, though I wouldn’t narrow the audience too much before seeing who responds. A mixed group can work if the organiser separates basic financing questions from the case discussion.

Capacity matters here: a large venue may increase the cost, while a very small one could exclude late responses. Perhaps get expressions of interest first, then confirm the format, accessibility and whether remote participation is realistic.
 
Thanks all. I’ll keep the headcount open before fixing the venue or format. So far the main split is early evening versus weekend, with transport, accessibility and advance notice clearly important.

I’ll also ask interested attendees to indicate whether they want to attend in person or remotely and to submit agenda questions in advance. The intention is a practical discussion, not a sales session. I’ll confirm the March 2026 date, capacity and any cost once the likely numbers are clearer.
 
Back
Top