aisha_park
First-time buyer
I am torn between protecting a large cash reserve and setting aside enough to deal with defects immediately. The first option could delay necessary work; the second could leave us exposed before regular income rebuilds the buffer.
For a 2-bed Mumbai villa priced at about ₹67,220,000, my estimate leaves ₹1,086,000 in cash once the deposit and projected purchase expenses are covered. The inspection is not final, so that figure may still need to absorb first-year repairs.
Furniture can be postponed, but safety issues or work needed to prevent further damage cannot. Before choosing a split, I plan to confirm the inspection findings, service-charge dates, insurance payment, moving quotes and whether the first mortgage instalment is already covered. How much would you keep inaccessible for emergencies until those amounts are known?
For a 2-bed Mumbai villa priced at about ₹67,220,000, my estimate leaves ₹1,086,000 in cash once the deposit and projected purchase expenses are covered. The inspection is not final, so that figure may still need to absorb first-year repairs.
Furniture can be postponed, but safety issues or work needed to prevent further damage cannot. Before choosing a split, I plan to confirm the inspection findings, service-charge dates, insurance payment, moving quotes and whether the first mortgage instalment is already covered. How much would you keep inaccessible for emergencies until those amounts are known?