Closing credit or price reduction for ARS 29.4m of inspection items?

WorthyTable

First-time buyer
The seller wants to organise the repairs, and I am hesitant because I would have little control over the contractors or final standard. The inspection of this 120 m² Buenos Aires new-build flat identified manageable items estimated at roughly ARS 29,400,000.

I am considering either a credit at closing or a lower purchase price, but financing may make those options produce very different amounts of usable cash. My next step is to ask the lender what concessions are permitted and how an appraisal gap would affect them. I also need to confirm the inspection protection, response deadline, seller motivation based on time on market, and the treatment of my deposit if no agreement is reached.
 
If contractor control is the priority, I’d ask for a credit rather than seller-managed work. A price reduction may not leave you with the same amount of cash available after closing, especially if the lender simply adjusts its loan calculation.

Are the ARS 29.4m estimates itemised, and does your inspection protection clearly allow renegotiation or withdrawal before the response deadline? Those details matter more than the label attached to the concession.
 
One caveat to my first reply: don’t dismiss seller repairs automatically. If the work can be completed before closing, documented and independently reinspected, it avoids uncertainty over whether the credit will cover the final bills. The downside is obvious—seller motivation may favour the cheapest acceptable fix, so the scope and completion standard would need to be written very precisely.
 
I’d work backwards from financing and value before choosing credit versus reduction. Ask the lender what concession it will recognise, and compare the agreed price with completed comparable sales. If the appraisal comes in low, an additional price cut may address an appraisal gap better than a repair credit; if value is supported, the credit may preserve cash for the work.

Then give the seller two written options by the deadline: a permitted closing credit based on the itemised estimates, or specified repairs with proof of completion and reinspection. Also confirm in writing how either outcome affects your deposit under the Buenos Aires transaction documents.
 
Back
Top