uma.winter
First-time buyer
A revised illustration has left me with a different question: when the payment difference is modest, how much should I value the ability to leave or move the loan? The purchase is around HK$6,474,000, and one offer is fixed at 3.37% for three years. Once the fee and the relevant loan-to-value band are applied, its advantage over the other quotes is much smaller than the headline suggests.
I am now comparing the actual interest and mandatory charges over three years, but I also need an earlier-sale scenario. For recent Hong Kong borrowers, which figure proved most useful when choosing between close offers? I am particularly interested in how lenders define portability and calculate early repayment.
I am now comparing the actual interest and mandatory charges over three years, but I also need an earlier-sale scenario. For recent Hong Kong borrowers, which figure proved most useful when choosing between close offers? I am particularly interested in how lenders define portability and calculate early repayment.