I have now added the fee to my calculations, and the 3.49% quote no longer looks as clearly ahead. It is a one-year fixed deal for a London purchase at roughly £386,100, with the available rate also depending on the loan-to-value band.
Should I compare lenders over the fixed twelve months by adding the fee to the interest paid and noting the remaining balance, while testing the monthly payment separately? I am also checking whether the fee is financed, along with portability and early-repayment conditions. I do not want the calculation to work only on the assumption that a new mortgage will be available immediately when the fix ends.
Should I compare lenders over the fixed twelve months by adding the fee to the interest paid and noting the remaining balance, while testing the monthly payment separately? I am also checking whether the fee is financed, along with portability and early-repayment conditions. I do not want the calculation to work only on the assumption that a new mortgage will be available immediately when the fix ends.