If I choose on the headline rate and the payment jumps beyond my budget after year two, the initial saving will not matter. The quote is for a Tokyo condo costing around ¥43,600,000, with 3.84% fixed for two years. The lower advertised figure did not reflect the fee structure or the loan-to-value band applied to this purchase.
I’m trying to compare like with like: cash paid during the fixed period, charges paid upfront or added to the balance, and the amount still owed when the rate resets. I also need the reset formula and a realistic monthly payment under less favourable rates. Early-repayment charges and the actual written portability terms seem important because they could make changing course expensive. Which measure would you put first when comparing the lenders?
I’m trying to compare like with like: cash paid during the fixed period, charges paid upfront or added to the balance, and the amount still owed when the rate resets. I also need the reset formula and a realistic monthly payment under less favourable rates. Early-repayment charges and the actual written portability terms seem important because they could make changing course expensive. Which measure would you put first when comparing the lenders?