The headline rate is not giving me a fair comparison. My specific concern is the cost over the period I am actually fixing for.
After 76 days, I have a 4.69% quote on a London purchase of about £713,700, fixed for three years. The fee and my loan-to-value band make it less attractive than the advertised rate first suggested. Should I compare total payments and fees over those three years, the interest charged in that period, or APR?
I am treating monthly affordability as a separate limit. Portability and early-repayment conditions also matter because I may need flexibility, while the possibility of remaining on the loan after the fix is less certain.
After 76 days, I have a 4.69% quote on a London purchase of about £713,700, fixed for three years. The fee and my loan-to-value band make it less attractive than the advertised rate first suggested. Should I compare total payments and fees over those three years, the interest charged in that period, or APR?
I am treating monthly affordability as a separate limit. Portability and early-repayment conditions also matter because I may need flexibility, while the possibility of remaining on the loan after the fix is less certain.