The lender is presenting 5.43% as the attractive part of the offer, but I’m hesitating because the fees and loan-to-value band make the overall deal less convincing. This is a 30-year fixed mortgage for a New York purchase of about $595,000.
Should I compare the offers over the period I genuinely expect to hold the loan, adding interest, points and lender charges through a likely sale or refinance date? I also need to understand any cost for paying early and whether portability has practical value. The lowest rate is not currently producing the lowest cash outlay in my comparison.
Should I compare the offers over the period I genuinely expect to hold the loan, adding interest, points and lender charges through a likely sale or refinance date? I also need to understand any cost for paying early and whether portability has practical value. The lowest rate is not currently producing the lowest cash outlay in my comparison.