Monthly affordability has to work without assuming I can refinance onto a better deal later. Against that constraint, I am assessing a 6.08% quote fixed for 20 years on a Toronto purchase of about C$1,721,000. The headline offer looked cheaper, but fees and the applicable loan-to-value band produced a less attractive result.
Should competing offers be lined up by APR, by interest paid during the period I expect to keep the mortgage, or by all cash outlay over that same period? I also want to test portability and early-payment charges under realistic sale or refinance scenarios rather than rely on broad product descriptions.
Should competing offers be lined up by APR, by interest paid during the period I expect to keep the mortgage, or by all cash outlay over that same period? I also want to test portability and early-payment charges under realistic sale or refinance scenarios rather than rely on broad product descriptions.