The fees changed my view of the quote more than the headline rate did. I am looking at a Kuala Lumpur property priced at about MYR 3,384,000, with one lender offering 6.37% fixed for five years, but the actual cost varies with the borrowing tier and charges.
The possibility of refinancing later is being presented as a benefit, yet I do not want affordability to rely on being approved for a new loan in year five. My comparison currently includes cash paid over the fixed term, the balance remaining at the end, and any cost attached to early repayment or moving the loan.
Is that more useful than relying on APR alone? I would also like to know how others test the payment after the fixed period and account for fees that increase the amount borrowed.
The possibility of refinancing later is being presented as a benefit, yet I do not want affordability to rely on being approved for a new loan in year five. My comparison currently includes cash paid over the fixed term, the balance remaining at the end, and any cost attached to early repayment or moving the loan.
Is that more useful than relying on APR alone? I would also like to know how others test the payment after the fixed period and account for fees that increase the amount borrowed.