grain.plain
Homeowner
I have checked the headline rate and the basic monthly payment. What remains unclear is which quote is cheaper over the period I am actually likely to keep the mortgage on a roughly $1,145,000 New York purchase.
One offer is fixed at 6.73% for 30 years, but its fee and loan-to-value band materially affect the comparison. Should I use APR only as an initial screen, then add fees, payments and exit costs over a common holding period? The lower-rate option costs more upfront but allows more flexible overpayments. I’m also weighing portability and early-repayment terms, while testing whether the payment is affordable without relying on a later refinance.
One offer is fixed at 6.73% for 30 years, but its fee and loan-to-value band materially affect the comparison. Should I use APR only as an initial screen, then add fees, payments and exit costs over a common holding period? The lower-rate option costs more upfront but allows more flexible overpayments. I’m also weighing portability and early-repayment terms, while testing whether the payment is affordable without relying on a later refinance.