aisha_park
First-time buyer
Comparing the loans over all 15 years may reward an option I will refinance earlier, while using only the initial monthly payment ignores substantial fees. Neither view feels dependable. The purchase price is about MYR 2,726,000, and one illustration shows 6.75% fixed for 15 years; its fee structure and loan-to-value band make the cheaper-looking headline less convincing.
What comparison period did others use for recent Malaysian financing? I am thinking of calculating instalments and upfront or financed charges to a realistic sale or refinance date, then comparing the remaining principal. I also need to check portability and early-settlement costs. Is there a particular section of the loan illustration or offer document that should state the assumptions behind those figures?
What comparison period did others use for recent Malaysian financing? I am thinking of calculating instalments and upfront or financed charges to a realistic sale or refinance date, then comparing the remaining principal. I also need to check portability and early-settlement costs. Is there a particular section of the loan illustration or offer document that should state the assumptions behind those figures?