sasha_keel
Mortgage adviser
The monthly payment is manageable; the harder question is what happens if I do not keep the loan for the full term. This is for a small multifamily purchase in Mumbai at about ₹27,140,000, with a quoted rate of 7.11% fixed for five years. Fees and the applicable loan-to-value band make it less attractive than the promotion suggested.
I am comparing the cash paid and balance remaining after five years, but I also want to test earlier sale or repayment dates. Portability could help, though only if the terms genuinely carry over rather than requiring a fresh approval. Should a refinance after year five be treated as a separate scenario instead of being built into the main comparison?
I am comparing the cash paid and balance remaining after five years, but I also want to test earlier sale or repayment dates. Portability could help, though only if the terms genuinely carry over rather than requiring a fresh approval. Should a refinance after year five be treated as a separate scenario instead of being built into the main comparison?